Kabbee Reveals London's Worst Bus Routes
Love or loathe London’s night bus antics? Sense and Kabbee Reveal London’s Top 10 Worst Bus Routes
Kabbee, London’s leading minicab comparison and booking app has revealed the top 10 worst bus routes that run into the night, and throughout the night, according to passengers.
After identifying an increase in people booking minicabs after the tube closes, Kabbee investigated the reasons for people avoiding the ‘notorious’ night bus, to get home.
The study asked Londoners to identify the night-time bus routes that they consider to be the ‘most notorious, from experience. They are:
- 262 – Stratford to Beckford
- 30 – Marble Arch to Hackney Wick
- 49 – Clapham Junction to White City
- N343 – New Cross Gate to Tower Bridge Road
- 191 – Brimsdown Station to Edmonton Green
- 228 – Maida Hill to Park Royal
- N176 – Penge to Tottenham Court Road Station
- N63 – Crystal Palace to King’s Cross Station
- 152 – Pollards Hill to New Malden
- 452 – Kensal Rise to Wandsworth Road
The results were further confirmed by hundreds of social media mentions about the notorious night bus routes. For example:
- The guy sitting next to you shouting on his phone. #nightbus #london #bus
- I have bad memories of getting the wrong #nightbus to Crystal Palace though and being stranded and yeah...
- Did you get last tube home? I had to deal with nightbus missions! :(
- Quote of the day: drunk girl "I have lost a shoe! I have lost an entire shoe! Oh wait it's on the other foot." #london #nightbus #loveit
- Couple in front of me are currently breaking up. She's doing all the taking, he's silent. #nightbus
A previous study conducted by Kabbee of 1,000 Londoners, highlighted the worst five aspects involved in getting the night bus:
1. Drunken people – 58%
2. People shouting / chanting – 48%
3. People eating smelly fast food – 43%
4. Discarded beer bottles at your feet – 40%
5. People fighting – 35%
Justin Peters, Kabbee CEO and Founder comments on the findings: “London’s public transport system is one of the best in the world, however when it comes night buses, there’s an obvious need for further improvement.
“Getting home after a late shift at work or a night out can be a real challenge in London, so it’s important that as many options as possible are made available. Every minute, Kabbee users generate around 1000 quotes from over 70 of London’s best fleets and a large percentage of these are after the tubes close, around midnight.”
To bring the survey findings to life, Kabbee has produced a short film whereby the reactions of unexpected passengers are captured, when they are faced with a series of ‘night bus antics’, performed by actors. The video can be viewed here.