Kabbee, London’s leading minicab comparison and booking app has revealed today that a concerning 64 percent of people in the UK have caused flight delays by arriving late to the departure gate, or have completely missed an international flight.
According to the Bureau of Transport Statistics, so far this year 25 percent of all flights have experienced a delayed take-off*, so Kabbee is on a mission to help all Brits arrive at the gates on time.
Kabbee’s study reveals the top six reasons for passengers missing or delaying a flight:
- 1. Traffic delays on public transport (engineering works, road accident) – 39%
- 2. Overslept – 28%
- 3. Last minute packing / disorganised – 26%
- 4. Forgetting the date of travel – 18%
- 5. Going to the wrong terminal – 13%
- 6. Passport had expired – 12%
Kabbee is the UK’s largest virtual fleet, with more than 10,000 licensed minicab drivers right across London. Each year, more than 25 percent of all bookings via the app are to and from London’s airports.
The Kabbee mobile app prompts all airport passengers to enter their flight number, which gives their driver live arrival information, guaranteeing perfect timekeeping – against all odds.
Justin Peters, Kabbee’s Founder and CEO is keen to help all passengers get to the airport on time – he comments: “Our study is designed to remind people that have a flight booked this holiday season to plan ahead for a stress-free getaway, and also to help reduce the amount of delayed flights leaving London’s airports.
“On average, people book minicabs via Kabbee to get to the airport 27 hours before their flight is due to take off. Not everyone is so organised however, we do still see a large percentage of people booking a minicab ASAP too.”
Kabbee’s top tips and advice for holidaymakers will be shared across social media channels using the #flyontime hashtag, ahead of the Easter bank holiday, and Kabbee will also be offering discounts on airport journeys throughout the holiday season – see the website for more detail: http://blog.kabbee.com/ or visit www.kabbee.com to download the app.
For more information please contact Tashia Cameron at Sense Communications on email@example.com or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
About the study:
- Kabbee’s travel study included a national omnibus survey of 1000 UK adults from 08.04.14 - 10.04.14.
- Kabbee is a licensed minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an iPhone, Android and Blackberry 10 app and at Kabbee.com.
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from 70 leading London fleets – based on time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had more than 400,000 app downloads to date.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.
- Kabbee incentivises its users to earn credit with its Free Cabs programme. By simply sharing their referral code the user gets £10 free credit for any friend who makes their first new account booking and their friend will automatically get £10 free credit too! £10 free credit is open to new Kabbee users who top up their account by £10 to qualify and their first booking must have a minimum spend of £10.01. Please refer to full T&Cs.