Filling in a holiday request form at work, or packing our suitcase no longer gives us Brits that ‘holiday feeling’. We keep it all bottled up until we arrive at the airport, according to a consumer study undertake by minicab comparison and booking app, Kabbee.
Helping hundreds of thousands of travellers get the best minicab fares to and from London’s five airports each year, Kabbee was keen to understand when that all-important holiday feeling really kicked in. Around one in five British holidaymakers said it was when the cab arrived to take them to the airport (17%), but almost a quarter of holidaymakers said it was arriving at the airport with plenty of time to spare that gave them that bye-bye Britain buzz (23%).
The younger the holidaymakers, the earlier the buzz begins, with 23 percent of all 25-34 year olds saying their holiday begins when they turn off their emails and leave work, compared to just 16 percent of those aged 35-44 saying it’s not until they get to the airport that they can let their hair down (23%).
Justin Peters, Kabbee Founder and CEO comments on the findings: “Generally, holidaymakers book ahead – we see around 90 percent of the hundreds of thousands of airport journeys booked via the Kabbee app coming in well in advance of the departure date.
“We prompt anyone travelling to the airport to enter their flight number to the app, which means a driver can be waiting for them in arrivals, after actively tracking the live arrival time of their return flight.
“This study reveals how passionate we are about those well-deserved holidays, making it even more paramount that the airport journey is seamless, and to make sure there is a hassle-free service waiting for holidaymakers as they return home.”
For more information please contact the Kabbee press office at Sense Communications at Kabbee@sensecommunications.co.uk or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
- The research was undertaken by national omnibus company Onepoll, from 25/02/15 to 27/02/15, to 1,000 UK employed adults.
- Kabbee is a licensed minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an app on iPhone, Android, Blackberry 10 app, Windows Phone 8, and at Kabbee.com.
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from more than 60 leading London fleets – based on price, time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had more than 500,000 app downloads to date.
- Kabbee has recently launched its ‘Kabbee Treats’ Loyalty Programme, which rewards its users with goodies from Kabbee and some great brands such as LateRooms.com, Naked Wines, Pact Coffee, Hubbub, Housekeep, LOVESPACE, Bloom & Wild and La Gourmandina. The app’s top users are entitled to a selection of rewards, based on how many miles they have earned via Kabbee over a three month period. Kabbee’s users earn one mile for every £1 they spend, and earn more miles for referring friends to Kabbee, booking an executive cab or travelling to/from the airport.
- Kabbee incentivises its users to earn credit with its Free Cabs programme. By simply sharing their referral code the user gets £10 free credit for any friend who makes their first new account booking and their friend will automatically get £10 free credit too! Please refer to full T&Cs.
- Kabbee won the UK Mobile App & Design Awards for ‘Best Startup App’ in June 2014.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.
- Kabbee’s CEO was awarded Bronze for Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year for the Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
- Kabbee won Bronze for ‘Best Travel & Tourism App’, as voted for by The Appys Awards 2014.