The IWSC Group and The Whisky Lounge celebrate a new joint venture
This week, the IWSC Group, global leader in bringing beer, wine and spirit producers together with their consumers, has announced an exciting partnership with UK-based whisky events company, The Whisky Lounge (http://www.thewhiskylounge.com).
The Whisky Lounge has been hosting festivals, tastings, educational events and whisky trips all around the UK since 2008. The company was designed to break down barriers, myths and legends of whisky through education for those who want to learn more, and by nurturing the passion of the experienced whisky drinker.
Founded by Eddie and Amanda Ludlow, The Whisky Lounge currently runs eight whisky festivals across the UK, as well as whisky tastings, schools and tours which brings the total whisky portfolio of the IWSC Group to 14 whisky festivals across the US and UK.
Allen Gibbons, CEO of The IWSC Group comments on the collaboration:
“We are very excited to be expanding our whisky portfolio to the UK through this partnership with The Whisky Lounge.
“Through this partnership we have identified a lot of potential to grow on the existing events to help educate new whisky drinkers and revive the passion of those who need a reminder of the exciting range of global whisky techniques and wonderful flavours.”
With a total of 14 whisky events around the world, the IWSC Group plans to continue investing in our current and future events to offer producers the perfect environment to meet their consumers”.
Founder of The Whisky Lounge, Eddie Ludlow comments on the future of the joint-venture:
“The mission of The Whisky Lounge was, and is, to bring all types of whisky to all types of people through vibrant, engaging and naturally educational tastings and events all over the UK.
“We are extremely pleased to be working in partnership with the IWSC Group and we see this as a fantastic opportunity to further our mission of turning everyone onto whisky by bringing it to even more people in more exciting ways and places.”
The Whisky Lounge’s next whisky festival, Bristol Whisky Festival, takes place on Saturday June 13th at Colston Hall.
For more information, logos, images or interviews please contact Tashia Cameron at IWSC@sensecommunications.co.uk or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to editor:
About The IWSC Group
- The IWSC Group originated in 1969 to enable consumers to make better decisions.
- The group specializes in three key areas:
1) Promotion International festivals, competitions and tasting experiences
2) Communication Consumer / trade education and communication support
3) Consultancy Helping businesses to make better decisions
- The IWSC Group prides itself on its level of immersion into the beer, wine and spirits industry it has achieved, and is passionate about supporting all sectors by sharing knowledge, unlocking routes to market, and breaking down the barriers between the producer and the consumer.
- Each year, the IWSC Group supports over 1,500 businesses in their marketing efforts, and last year alone supported producers in gaining a minimum of 20,000 new interactions with consumers, via tasting events around the globe.
- The IWSC Group runs a number of wine and spirit competitions around the world giving producers the chance to have their products tasted against their competitors by up to 400 international judges.
- The International Wine and Spirit Competition (owned by The IWSC Group) is one of the industry’s most respected and eagerly anticipated annual events, attracting the biggest wine and spirit brands through to the start-ups launching into the market.
- In 2014, 11,000 products were submitted – a 105 percent growth in entries since 2006, which resulted in over 10 million products around the world proudly displaying the IWSC accolade on their bottles, helping consumers to make the right decision when spending their hard-earned money.
About The Whisky Lounge
- The Whisky Lounge was created by self-styled ‘Whisky Evangelist’ Eddie Ludlow in 2008.
- Regular tasting events are relaxed, informal and presented in a way that whisky-lovers of all levels can enjoy. Events are quirkily themed and the aim is to bring the latest and greatest bottling to venues up and down the country all year round.