This week Kabbee, London’s leading minicab booking and comparison app, rolled out its new GPS based Live Plot technology that reduces waiting time for its customers by up to 14 minutes on average, and halves dead mileage for drivers.
As an aggregator of more than 70 of London’s best licensed minicab fleets, Kabbee has spent months developing innovative software that will seamlessly work with each of its fleets despatch systems.
The new GPS-based software can pinpoint where drivers are available and show a real waiting time to customers (typically around 7 minutes but rapidly reducing). Therefore, customers are connected with drivers nearby to reduce the amount of miles drivers travel without a passenger on board.
The Live Plot technology has been created to benefit fleets, drivers and passengers, making the travel experience more enjoyable for customers and efficient for fleets. The customer saves time, the driver earns more and travels less, and less fuel is used per journey made.
Kabbee has rolled out its technology to the majority of its fleets, and will be rolled out across all fleets in the next six months. Since the introduction of Live Plot, the fleets are reporting an average of 35% increase in bookings, and a 20% reduction in dead mileage.
Kabbee’s Founder and CEO, Justin Peters, explains how Live Plot is improving the industry for fleets: “At Kabbee, we want to empower traditional fleets, rather than challenge them. London’s minicab industry is extremely advanced, and with enhanced systems and technology, it will become even more so. We’ve already seen a 20% reduction in dead mileage overall, which has transformed the earnings potential for thousands of London cab drivers.
“After launching the live test of what we believe is the world’s first app/dispatch system live integration a few months ago, we are already seeing the Live Plot technology reducing the average waiting time by around 14 minutes. We’re designed to make minicabs mighty, and this innovation is another step in the right direction.”
Sean McGrath, Founder of one of London’s largest airport specialist minicab fleets, Airport Direct, has already experienced a 15% reduction in dead mileage since going live with Kabbee’s Live Plot. He comments: “Dead mileage is the biggest issue in the industry, and Kabbee has cracked it.
“Overall, our drivers are experiencing a 15% reduction in dead mileage across the board, which also means an extra 10% increase in their monthly salary. Customers are key, and now that they can get a minicab quicker, everyone’s happy.”
For more information please contact the Kabbee press office at Sense Communications at email@example.com or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
- Kabbee is a licensed minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an app on iPhone, Android, Blackberry 10 app, Windows Phone 8, and at Kabbee.com.
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from 70 leading London fleets – based on time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had around 500,000 app downloads to date.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.
- Kabbee won the UK Mobile App & Design Awards for ‘Best Startup App’ in June 2014
- Kabbee incentivises its users to earn credit with its Free Cabs programme. By simply sharing their referral code the user gets £10 free credit for any friend who makes their first new account booking and their friend will automatically get £10 free credit too! Please refer to full T&Cs.