British-born Kabbee Launches Exclusive Technology to Help Existing Minicab Fleets Fight Off New Competition
This week Kabbee, London’s leading minicab booking and comparison app has revealed how its new GPS ‘Live Plot’ technology reduces waiting time for its customers by up to 10 minutes on average, and increases passenger bookings to enabled fleets by up to 20 percent.
As an aggregator of more than 70 of London’s top performing licensed minicab fleets, Kabbee spent 12 months developing proprietary innovative software that seamlessly integrates with each fleet’s despatch systems, to enable them to better compete with Uber and Addison Lee.
The GPS-based software, rolled out in August 2014, pinpoints where drivers are available, which enables Kabbee to generate short waiting times for passengers.
The Live Plot technology was created to benefit fleets, drivers and passengers, making booking process more convenient for customers and more efficient for fleets.
The Live Plot technology helps fleets identify where in London increased demand is, which can instantly attract around 3000 more minicabs to move towards busier areas. Not only does this make fleets more competitive, but the technology completely avoids price surges that single fleets apply, such as Uber. Kabbee’s ambition is to increase the 3,000 figure to 6,000 by the end of 2015.
The owner of London-based fleet Airport Direct, Sean McGrath comments on how the technology has transformed his business: “Good minicab fleets will survive against the big guys, because they have loyal, local customers that have been impressed by the service that they offer for many years.
“The real issue for fleets today is reaching new passengers that need a minicab, and that’s where Kabbee comes in. Kabbee generates around an extra 20 percent more jobs, and if we need more, we simply turn up the dial. The demand comes from Kabbee giving Londoners more minicab choice than they have ever experienced before.
“Kabbee’s Live Plot technology is already revolutionising the minicab marketplace, by reducing waiting times and increasing quality and price competition to make minicabs more appealing, but the biggest improvement is the reduction in dead mileage. Our drivers are very rarely moving without a passenger, which is helping to increase income for the driver as well as the fleet.”
Kabbee’s Founder and CEO, Justin Peters, explains how Live Plot is improving the industry for fleets: “Kabbee empowers existing traditional minicabs fleets, giving them a better chance to compete with the newer players in the market.
“London’s minicab industry is extremely advanced, and with our enhanced systems and technology, it will become even more so. We’ve already seen fleets celebrating impressive reduction figures for dead mileage overall, which has transformed the earnings potential for thousands of London cab drivers.
“After testing of the UK’s first app/dispatch system live integration last year, we watched the Live Plot technology reduce the average waiting time by around10 minutes almost instantly, and now we’re hearing from fleets that it’s transforming their businesses.”
For more information please contact the Kabbee press office at Sense Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
- Kabbee is a licensed minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an app on iPhone, Android, Blackberry 10 app, Windows Phone 8, and at Kabbee.com.
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from more than 70 leading London fleets – based on price, time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had more than 500,000 app downloads to date.
- Kabbee has recently launched its ‘Kabbee Treats’ loyalty programme, which rewards its users with goodies from Kabbee and some great brands such as LateRooms.com, Naked Wines, Pact Coffee, Hubbub, Housekeep, LOVESPACE, La Gourmandina and Bloom & Wild. The app’s top users will be entitled to a selection of rewards, based on how many miles they have earned via Kabbee over a three month period. Kabbee’s users earn one mile for every £1 they spend, and earn more miles for referring friends to Kabbee, and booking a premium car for their journey.
- Kabbee incentivises its users to earn credit with its Free Cabs programme. By simply sharing their referral code the user gets £10 free credit for any friend who makes their first new account booking and their friend will automatically get £10 free credit too! Please refer to full T&Cs.
- Kabbee won the UK Mobile App & Design Awards for ‘Best Startup App’ in June 2014.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.
- Kabbee’s CEO was awarded Bronze for Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year for the Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
- Kabbee won Bronze for ‘Best Travel & Tourism App’, as voted for by The Appys Awards 2014.