Photo caption: Founder of Cotswold Traiteur, Francis Green at Warner’s Budgens store demonstrating how to make the most of 100% British Fresh Meat!
Wednesday 10th July
The owner of the local ‘Cotswold Traiteur’ joined the Warner’s Budgens store in Moreton-in-Marsh High Street on Saturday to celebrate the move towards 100% British fresh meat, and to showcase his brilliant cooking skills using a range of Supervalu products.
Founder of the Cotswold Traiteur, Francis Green has over 20 years’ experience as a chef and owns the award-winning frozen ready meal business in Moreton-in-Marsh. With the Budgens store focusing on the demands from their loyal customers, they provide high quality fresh, locally-sourced meat. Francis always works with fresh local produce and Warner’s Budgens are proud to have his ready meals in their store, as they work closely together to improve their local sourcing strategies and support their community.
On a sunny Saturday afternoon, the Budgens store in Moreton-in-Marsh was delighted to have its local chef set-up shop inside the store, and promote the new Supervalu 100% British meat by hosting a live cooking session with the customers. A delicious range of fresh meaty snacks were prepared by Francis himself, including Italian-Style Belly Pork, Mini Beef Sliders and Asian Chicken with Noodle Salad – all made with Budgens SuperValu meat.
Many customers of Warner’s Budgens took a trip to the store and were impressed with the quality taste of the snacks, and the food samples were running out quickly. The exclusive recipes for these meaty snacks, created by Francis were disappearing off the table!
As an independent retail store, Warner’s Budgens support local growers and producers and contribute to their local community by using such suppliers. To find out more about supporting the local economy and independent retailers, visit: http://www.totally-locally.co.uk/
Francis Green, Founder of The Cotswold Traiteur commented on his chef session: “I was thrilled and delighted to be asked by Warner’s Budgens to help promote their range of fresh British meats in-store. It was a great opportunity to show the local customers how to transform simple cuts of meat into tasty ideas for the summer.”
Lucy Worrall, Marketing Manager of Moreton-in-Marsh Budgens says: “The chef cooking session was such a brilliant idea for our customers to get a real taste of our fresh British produce. We were so pleased with the number of customers engaging with the cooking demonstration and they loved every bit of it!”
The Cotswold Traiteur provides delicious ready meals produced by Francis Green using locally sourced ingredients. They will shortly be increasing their range of delicious meals. The new dishes will include favourites such as Shepherds Pie, Hungarian Beef Goulash and Lasagne Verdi as well as a selection of accompanying tasty mashed potatoes.
Warner’s Budgens are currently selling frozen meals from the Cotswold Traiteur. You can also purchase their ready meals here: http://www.cotswoldtraiteur.co.uk/our-stockists
Notes to editor
- All Budgens stores are all locally owned by independent retailers.
- Budgens believes that food tastes better when it’s fresh and was named Fresh Produce Retailer of the Year in 2011.
- Founded by John Budgen in 1872, Budgens is believed to be one of the oldest supermarket brands in Great Britain.
- Initially a small, local grocer, the company has expanded over time. The Budgens name appeared on a number of stores throughout the South of England, establishing a reputation for servicing the local community with quality products.
- In 2002, Budgens became part of the Musgrave Group, and today Budgens has over 180 stores, varying from petrol forecourts to neighbourhood supermarkets, which are independently owned by Budgens retailers.
About Warner’s Budgens
- Warner’s Budgens is located on the High Street, Moreton-in-Marsh in Gloucestershire
- Warner’s Budgens is open Monday - Saturday 08:00 - 22:00, Sunday 10:00 - 16:00
- Warner’s Budgens is owned by Guy Warner, Guy is a passionate advocate of local produce. He and his family own Warners Budgens. He lives with his wife, Mel, and four children in Toddington, near Broadway.
- Warner’s Budgens can be found on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Warnersbudgens and Twitter https://twitter.com/warnersbudgens
- Warner's Budgens won the Best Independent Store of the Year and the Community Store of the Year in 2012.