(From L-R) William, two and a half years, who is receiving rehabilitation for brain injury through the Childcare Trust meets Gibsons’ Managing Director Nick Wright
‘Local Family-Owned Games Company, Gibsons, Donates £20K of Puzzles to Families Nationwide via The Children’s Trust’
The UK’s favourite family-owned puzzle and games company, Gibsons, gifted 2,200 jigsaw puzzles to The Children’s Trust to help fundraising efforts for children with brain injury at Christmas. The jigsaw puzzles have been distributed to families, and sold through The Children’s Trust charity shops to raise valuable funds.
The Children’s Trust was delighted to receive the jigsaws in time for Christmas and to kick off the charity’s fundraising for 2015. Ellie Farrier, Community Fundraising Assistant at The Children’s Trust, comments on how the funds will support their plans:
“Every year around 40,000 children in the UK are left with a brain injury as a result of an accident or illness. Not only do the children require specialist medical attention and rehabilitation, the families also need a huge amount of support. Thanks to the kind ongoing generosity of Gibsons, The Children’s trust has been able to raise vital funds to be able to continue this support to families across the country.”
Gibsons is a family-run business and has been creating traditional puzzles and games since 1919. Managing Director of Gibsons, Nick Wright, commented on the activity:
“We are always on the lookout for ways that we can enhance the lives of those in our community. We are delighted to continue to support The Children’s Trust, a charity that we have worked with a number of times over the years.
“Spending time with the children yesterday and watching them enjoying the puzzles was a really rewarding experience, bringing to light the struggle that some families are faced with.
“Our large range of puzzles and games are a great way for families to spend time bonding, so supporting a charity that works so hard to help families all over the country is very rewarding for us.”
Gibsons is keen to hear about local charities that need support in 2015. For more information, please contact Alana at Sense – see below.
For more information, logos, images or interviews please contact Alana Caldwell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 551 3954.
Note to editors:
- Founded in 1919 as H. P. Gibson & Sons Limited.
- In the late 70s H P Gibson & Sons shortened its name to ‘Gibsons’, and shortly after, in the early 80s, Gibsons introduced their first jigsaw puzzles.
- Along with the new jigsaws came new themes, replacing dreary subject matters with delectable new imagery, often drawn by specially commissioned artists.
- Gibsons originally had only six puzzle pictures in the range which depicted aerial shots of well-known British landmarks, but nowadays, the range has grown to over 250 titles, running from 2 to 2000 pieces, with over 50 new jigsaw puzzle images added every year.
- Gibsons has a broad selection of products for all the family including games and puzzles suitable from pre-school to big school and beyond! http://gibsonsgames.co.uk
- The business is still owned and run by the Gibson family.
About The Children’s Trust
The Children’s Trust is the UK’s leading charity for children with brain injury. Based in Tadworth, Surrey, the charity provides expert rehabilitation, education, therapy and care to support children and families from across the UK. www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk