The IWSC Group, the global leader in bringing beer, wine and spirits producers together with their consumers, has this week agreed a joint-venture with United States-based Atlanta Food & Wine Festival (www.atlfoodandwinefestival.com).
The culture-rich four-day food and drink experience has celebrated the traditions from Texas to the District of Columbia since its inception 2010, after being founded by entrepreneurs Elizabeth Feichter and Dominique Love, who will continue to run the festival. Part epicurean conference, part outdoor party, the Festival draws close to 10,000 people to the Midtown neighborhood of Atlanta each May to eat, drink and explore the best flavors of the South.
Originating in 1969 to bring together beer, wine and spirits producers with their consumers, The IWSC Group operates a broad portfolio of wine and spirit events across the globe and during the past 4 years has begun expanding into North America with the acquisition of Whiskies of the World®, a San Francisco whisky expo; Spirits of Mexico, the oldest and largest festival for agave and other Mexican spirits in North America; and the foundation of Spirits of the Americas, a new competition and event to celebrate the diversity and innovation of the distilling industry in the Americas.
Allen Gibbons, CEO of The IWSC Group comments on the expanding the event portfolio:
“Our partnership with the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival is an important step in broadening our event portfolio further into America, and also into the culinary landscape, as well as wine and spirit events.
“The Atlanta Food & Wine Festival has always been an attractive event, due to its carefully-curated programming and focus on creating unique guest experiences. In five short years, the festival has received rave reviews from industry leaders and industry press.”
Founders of the Atlanta Food and Wine Festival, Elizabeth Feichter and Dominique Love are excited by the new joint venture:
“We are honored to join the IWSC Group team and to lead the organisation’s growth in North America. We established the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival with the goal of shining an international spotlight on the rich food and beverage traditions of our region.
“Partnering with IWSC Group will broaden the Festival’s international reach and will also allow us to apply our experience-driven event model to other properties as we grow IWSC Group’s portfolio,” said Feichter and Love.
The 2015 Atlanta Food & Wine Festival will take place May 28 – 31 in the Midtown neighborhood of Atlanta, GA.
For more information, logos, images or interviews please contact Lisa Malyon at IWSC@sensecommunications.co.uk or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to editor:
About The IWSC Group
- The IWSC Group originated in 1969 to enable consumers to make better decisions.
- The group specializes in three key areas:
1) Promotion International festivals, competitions and tasting experiences
2) Communication Consumer / trade education and communication support
3) Consultancy Helping businesses to make better decisions
- The IWSC Group prides itself on its level of immersion into the beer, wine and spirits industry it has achieved, and is passionate about supporting all sectors by sharing knowledge, unlocking routes to market, and breaking down the barriers between the producer and the consumer.
- Each year, the IWSC Group supports over 1,500 businesses in their marketing efforts, and last year alone supported producers in gaining a minimum of 20,000 new interactions with consumers, via tasting events around the globe.
- The IWSC Group runs a number of wine and spirit competitions around the world giving producers the chance to have their products tasted against their competitors by up to 400 international judges.
- The International Wine and Spirit Competition (owned by The IWSC Group) is one of the industry’s most respected and eagerly anticipated annual events, attracting the biggest wine and spirit brands through to the start-ups launching into the market.
- In 2014, 11,000 products were submitted – a 105 percent growth in entries since 2006, which resulted in over 10 million products around the world proudly displaying the IWSC accolade on their bottles, helping consumers to make the right decision when spending their hard-earned money.
About the Atlanta Food and Wine Festival
- The Atlanta Food & Wine Festival was founded in 2010 by Atlanta entrepreneurs Elizabeth Feichter and Dominique Love with the goal of shining an international spotlight on the rich food and beverage traditions of the Southern U.S. from Texas to the District of Columbia.
- Applauded by critics and highly-anticipated by guests, the Atlanta Food & Wine Festival features nearly 100 classes, carefully-curated Tasting Tents and delicious evening dinners and events, all designed to showcase Southern food, drink and culture. The 2015 Festival takes place May 28 – 31 in the Midtown neighborhood of Atlanta, GA.