Kabbee, London’s leading minicab comparison and booking app is celebrating turning three this week, just as its 500,000th user downloads the multi-award-winning platform.
Being the only minicab app available across all mobile platforms (iPhone, Android, Blackberry 10 app, and Windows Phone 8) more than 500,000 Londoners have downloaded it in order to move across the city, based on fixed fare quotations from over 70 of the capital’s best licensed minicab fleets.
Since its launch in June 2011, Kabbee users have generated a massive 7.5 million quotes, saving themselves over £9 million in total, compared to the same journeys by black cab.
So where are Londoners going?
With 25 percent of all bookings taking passengers to and from London’s five airports, the departures and arrivals halls were top of the list of popular pick-up and drop off points, however Paddington and Euston overground stations ranked highly, and Westminster is the top location that’s not an airport or station.
Justin Peters, Kabbee CEO and Founder comments on the celebration: “Our mission at Kabbee is to Make Minicabs Mighty, and by empowering over 500,000 potential passengers with a simple, quick and cost-effective way to find and book a licensed minicab, I’d say we’re doing a good job so far.
“We invest a lot of time and energy into innovation, and that underpinned by fantastic customer service makes Kabbee an attractive platform for fleets, and Londoners to join. For as long as people need to move around London, we expect this steady growth to continue.”
For more information please contact the Kabbee press office at Sense Communications at email@example.com or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
- Kabbee is a licensed minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an app on iPhone, Android, Blackberry 10 app, Windows Phone 8, and at Kabbee.com.
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from more than 70 leading London fleets – based on time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had more than 500,000 app downloads to date.
- Kabbee won the UK Mobile App & Design Awards for ‘Best Startup App’ in June 2014.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.