Kabbee, London’s leading minicab comparison and booking app, is helping to keep the bees busy after launching a campaign in association with the Chelsea Flower Show, to raise money for the Bumblebee Conservation Trust (BBCT). For each journey booked via Kabbee to and from the spectacular event, the app donated £1 to the BBCT, supporting them on their mission to save Britain’s bees from decline.
As an official supporter of the BBCT, Kabbee is keen to support the charity’s efforts to put a halt on the reducing bee population in the UK. In total, 116 Kabbee journeys were made to and from the venue this year, resulting in a grand donation of £116 to the Bumblebee Conservation Trust.
Lucy Rothstein, CEO of the Bumblebee Conservation Trust, is delighted to receive the donations. She comments: “What a brilliant way to generate support for our endangered bumblebees. We wish more companies like this would get involved raising funds for our important work.”
Kabbee launched a social media competition to promote the charity campaign, whereby people were encouraged to share the charity initiative with their friends and followers. One lucky winner received tickets for the next RHS Flower Show on 8-13th July, located at Hampton Court Palace. Kabbee has future plans to support the BBCT charity, once again by donating £1 for every journey made to and from the Hampton Court Palace Flower Show.
Justin Peters, CEO of Kabbee, comments on the campaign: “Supporting environmental charities such as the Bumblebee Conservation Trust is important to use, as we are constantly thinking of new initiatives to make the minicab industry more sustainable and eco-friendly.
“We encourage fleet partners to promote the electric car option for any bookings made – helping to make London a greener place. We look forward to making further donations and will continue to support charities for future campaigns.”
Kabbee isn’t alone in its support for Britain’s Bumblebees - the Queen bee of England, Elizabeth, is also concerned about the rapid decline in Britain’s bee colonies. Her Majesty is giving grants of up to £1,000 for those willing to keep bees on her estate. To see further information on this, please visit the site here.
For more information please contact the Kabbee press office at Sense Communications at email@example.com or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
- Kabbee is a licensed minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an iPhone, Android and Blackberry 10 app and at Kabbee.com.
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from 70 leading London fleets – based on time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had around 400,000 app downloads to date.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.
- Kabbee incentivises its users to earn credit with its Free Cabs programme. By simply sharing their referral code the user gets £10 free credit for any friend who makes their first new account booking and their friend will automatically get £10 free credit too! Please refer to full T&Cs.