Kabbee, London’s leading licensed minicab comparison and booking app has launched a hyper-local advertising campaign along East London’s N149 bus route, to encourage people to get home by minicab rather than getting the ‘infamous’ night bus.
The outdoor campaign includes two creatives:
Kabbee’s ‘Party like Harry, get home like Willy’ creative is designed to encourage party-lovers like Prince Harry to get home safely and sensibly, like his brother would.
The second creative plays on every girl’s favourite fairytale – Cinderella. Kabbee’s ‘Your Carriage Is Waiting’ is designed to grab the attention of those who’s missed the midnight curfew and have watched their horse-drawn carriage ride off into the night without them.
Both campaigns will alternate on every bus shelter on the N174 route, as a friendly reminder that they don’t need to get the night bus home, when they can rely on a minicab instead.
Kabbee launched its new ad campaign in alignment with its ‘Night(mare) Bus Journey’ film, which includes a hired London bus with a full cast to act out the common scenarios associated with night buses with members of the public. The film is due to go viral on Friday 13th June.
A study conducted by Kabbee of 1,000 Londoners, highlighted the top five annoyances when getting the night bus:
1. Drunken people – 58%
2. People shouting / chanting – 48%
3. People eating smelly fast food – 43%
4. Discarded beer bottles at your feet – 40%
5. People fighting – 35%
The award-winning app aggregates more than 70 licensed minicab fleets throughout London, putting almost 10,000 minicabs at its users’ fingertips, giving them a range of options, including cheapest, and closest, top-rated and premium minicabs to choose from.
- Date: 2nd – 22nd June for two weeks
- Media owner: JCDecaux and Clear Channel
- Location: Along the N149 bus route
- Size: 6 sheet
Kabbee’s Director of Marketing, Cristina Astorri comments on the campaign: “I’m sure everyone will agree that London transport is a brilliant service that we couldn’t live without, and I think most of us have experienced some sort of drama on the night bus. In collaboration with our ‘Night(mare) Bus Journey’ film, we thought this advertising campaign would further promote the comfort of getting a minicab home instead of a night bus.”
Rob Conibear, Business Director at Antidote led the campaign: “This execution conveys Kabbee as an app that offers consumer choice with its price comparison service, by saying: ‘Get Home Like Willy’, and ‘Your Carriage Is Waiting’.
“It’s exciting to work with Kabbee and implement such creative ideas, such as the N149 bus takeover with our advertising campaign. The ‘Night(mare) Bus Journey’ was a blast, and we can’t wait for it to go viral.”
For more information please contact the Kabbee press office at Sense Communications at email@example.com or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
- Kabbee is a licensed minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an iPhone, Android, Blackberry 10 app, Windows Phone 8, and Kabbee.com.
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from over 70 leading London fleets – based on time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had more than 400,000 app downloads to date.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.
- Kabbee incentivises its users to earn credit with its Free Cabs programme. By simply sharing their referral code the user gets £10 free credit for any friend who makes their first new account booking and their friend will automatically get £10 free credit too! Please refer to full T&Cs.