London’s leading minicab comparison and booking app, Kabbee, has partnered with Thriev, the city’s zero emission electric vehicle fleet, as part of the company’s mission to provide its hundreds of thousands of users with environmentally-friendly licensed minicabs.
Thriev vehicles will be available for central London journeys, by selecting the ‘green’ option on the Kabbee app. These electric vehicles will add to the 10,000 minicabs that are currently available via Kabbee.
Just as sophisticated technology is the key differentiator between Kabbee and other minicab apps on the market, this is Thriev’s point of advantage too. Thriev recharges its vehicles overnight using a state-of-the-art, rapid technology chargepoint network that is on average 12-14 times more efficient than the majority of installed chargepoints.
Justin Peters, Kabbee’s Founder and CEO comments on the partnership: “With the Thriev fleet on the Kabbee platform, our ‘green’ offering now accounts for 10 percent of all minicabs that are available via the app.
“We’ve experienced a tenfold increase in ‘green’ minicab bookings just in the last six months, which is great, and because they can often cost less than regular minicabs, we expect to see this figure increase further.
“Kabbee was designed to revolutionise a fragmented minicab market, and ‘make minicabs mighty’. Our sophisticated technology enables Kabbee to match supply and demand, to ensure minicab drivers are always available, and to avoid dead mileage. If we can transport more people around London with less impact on the environment, we’re happy.”
Thriev’s Founder and CEO Ian Mihajlovic comments on the partnership: “Londoners are busy, and getting around is very rarely considered in the interest of the environment.
“The greatest thing about this partnership is that we are bringing EVs into the mainstream and reaching hundreds of thousands of Londoners. With every five-mile journey undertaken by a Thriev vehicle, it prevents 1kg of carbon dioxide from being released into the atmosphere, along with a myriad of other harmful gases, emissions and particulates.
“In the short term, this is a great way to encourage people that may have not considered using an electric vehicle, to give them a go, and in the long run, this partnership will contribute to substantially reducing all passengers’ carbon footprint.”
For more information please contact Lisa Malyon at Sense Communications by email Lisa@sensecommunications.co.uk or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
- Kabbee is a minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an iPhone, Android and Blackberry 10 app and at Kabbee.com
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from 70 leading London fleets – based on time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Over 10,000 minicabs are available across London via the Kabbee mobile app
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had almost 400,000 app downloads to date.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.
- Kabbee incentivises its users to earn credit with its Free Cabs programme. Every Kabbee user that shares a referral code gets £10 free credit every time one of their friends joins Kabbee and books a minicab for the first time. The friend also gets £10 free credit too! See full T&Cs here.
- Thriev is Britain’s first of a kind private hire chauffeur service that aims to revolutionise transportation within London.
- Having launched in September 2013, the company boasts a fully-electric, zero-emission fleet and has ambitious plans for rapid expansion. Thriev’s mission is to work together with multiple stakeholders, ranging from governmental bodies and NGOs to large FTSE 100 corporations.
- The partnerships formed by Thriev will influence not only the company’s immediate users, but also everyone in the capital by providing a cleaner, safer and more sustainable environment for London.
- Thriev demonstrates that it is both a frontrunner in utilising the advances of modern technology and a commercially viable organisation by offering its services at a price that is on average far lower than that of its competitors.
- Thriev aims to minimise even further its impact on the environment by striving to source the electricity needed for running its fleet from renewable sources and maximally utilising the nation’s electricity network (e.g. overnight recharging). The company is keeping on top of the game by overcoming the conventional challenges posed by operating electric vehicles through installing its own state-of-the-art, rapid technology chargepoint network that is on average 12-14 times more efficient than the majority of installed chargepoints.
- The practical implication of using innovative companies like Thriev is that with every five-mile journey undertaken by just one of its vehicles, it prevents 1kg of carbon dioxide from being released into the atmosphere, along with a myriad of other harmful gases, emissions and particulates. In the long run, this will contribute to substantially reducing every client’s carbon footprint, whilst maximising their budgets, freeing up valuable funds for other purposes.
- For further information on Thriev, please visit: www.thriev.com, https://twitter.com/thriev, http://www.linkedin.com/company/thriev or email: email@example.com.