London Minicab App Launches Petition to Give Minicabs Access
to Bus Lanes During Bus Strike
The CEO of Kabbee, London’s home-grown licensed minicab comparison and booking app, has started a petition to give licensed minicabs access to the bus lanes during bus and tube strikes, at the height of industrial action.
After Transport for London’s Managing Director of Surface Transport, Leon Daniels said Kabbee’s request ‘made no sense’, back in June, the man responsible for making minicabs mighty is getting Londoners to get behind the request, by way of a national petition.
Since its launch in June 2011, Kabbee has been downloaded by more than 500,000 Londoners, who use the app to access more than 70 licensed minicab fleets and over 6,000 licensed minicabs. Justin Peters, CEO and Founder of Kabbee comments on the petition:
“Today’s bus strike will cause millions of Londoners problems getting to work, or any other destination, which will have a detrimental knock-on effect on commerce, generally.
“A simple solution that would help keep London moving, is to grant access to London’s licensed minicabs during public transport strikes, but it’s a solution that TfL is just not willing to consider.”
Kabbee is urging Londoners to sign the petition here to keep London moving during public transport strikes. The signed petition will be submitted to Transport for London.
The petition is being launched the day before Addison Lee’s European Court of Justice Judgment on the firm’s request to access London’s bus lanes, which is due on Wednesday 14th January 2015.
For more information please contact the Kabbee press office at Sense Communications at Kabbee@sensecommunications.co.uk or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
- Kabbee is a licensed minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an app on iPhone, Android, Blackberry 10 app, Windows Phone 8, and at Kabbee.com.
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from more than 70 leading London fleets – based on price, time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had more than 500,000 app downloads to date.
- Kabbee has recently launched its ‘Kabbee Treats’ loyalty programme, which rewards its users with goodies from Kabbee and some great brands such as LateRooms.com, Naked Wines, Pact Coffee, Hubbub, Housekeep, LOVESPACE, La Gourmandina and Bloom & Wild. The app’s top users will be entitled to a selection of rewards, based on how many miles they have earned via Kabbee over a three month period. Kabbee’s users can earn more miles by referring a friend, or by upgrading to a premium car for their journey.
- Kabbee incentivises its users to earn credit with its Free Cabs programme. By simply sharing their referral code the user gets £10 free credit for any friend who makes their first new account booking and their friend will automatically get £10 free credit too! Please refer to full T&Cs.
- Kabbee won the UK Mobile App & Design Awards for ‘Best Startup App’ in June 2014.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.
- Kabbee’s CEO was awarded Bronze for Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year for the Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
- Kabbee won Bronze for ‘Best Travel & Tourism App’, as voted for by The Appys Awards 2014.