London Minicabs Benefit from Cashless Bus Movement,
As Pro-cash Passengers Vote with their Feet
Kabbee, London’s leading minicab aggregator app, that gives more than 500,000 users access to 70 of the capital’s best licensed minicab fleets, has revealed that minicabs have experienced a hike in cash paying passengers since London’s buses became ‘cashless’ in July 2014.
After a flurry of consumer concern about London’s buses no longer accepting cash payments from 6th July 2014, it’s clear that pro-cash passengers have voted with their feet, by relying on minicabs if they prefer to pay cash. The sudden five percent increase in cash-paying minicab passengers during the three month period from 6th July can be associated with TfL’s decision to ban cash from its buses.
Justin Peters, CEO and Founder of Kabbee comments on the trend: “London’s transport network is one of the best in the world, however, completely removing a payment method for bus passengers isn’t promoting consumer choice. Since starting Kabbee, we’ve learned that the key to success if to offer more choice, not less.
“The five percent increase in cash payments for minicab journeys since buses became cashless indicates that people may prefer to change their transport type, rather than the way that they choose to pay.”
Kabbee users generate 1,000 quotes per minute – a figure that is growing daily as more and more Londoners become wise to the increasingly competitive prices of minicabs via the aggregator model.
Kabbee users are able to pay via cash, debit card, or prepaid account.
For more information please contact the Kabbee press office at Sense Communications at Kabbee@sensecommunications.co.uk or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
- Kabbee is a licensed minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an app on iPhone, Android, Blackberry 10 app, Windows Phone 8, and at Kabbee.com.
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from more than 70 leading London fleets – based on price, time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had more than 500,000 app downloads to date.
- Kabbee has recently launched its ‘Kabbee Treats’ loyalty programme, which rewards its users with goodies from Kabbee and some great brands such as LateRooms.com, Naked Wines, Pact Coffee, Hubbub, Housekeep, LOVESPACE, La Gourmandina and Bloom & Wild. The app’s top users will be entitled to a selection of rewards, based on how many miles they have earned via Kabbee over a three month period. Kabbee’s users earn one mile for every £1 they spend, and earn more miles for referring friends to Kabbee, and booking a premium car for their journey.
- Kabbee incentivises its users to earn credit with its Free Cabs programme. By simply sharing their referral code the user gets £10 free credit for any friend who makes their first new account booking and their friend will automatically get £10 free credit too! Please refer to full T&Cs.
- Kabbee won the UK Mobile App & Design Awards for ‘Best Startup App’ in June 2014.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.
- Kabbee’s CEO was awarded Bronze for Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year for the Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
- Kabbee won Bronze for ‘Best Travel & Tourism App’, as voted for by The Appys Awards 2014.