Kabbee, London’s leading licensed minicab booking and comparison app has partnered with the UK’s top-rated online florist, Bloom & Wild to reveal the behavior of London’s lovebirds leading up to Valentine’s Day.
The city’s fiercest females are steering their partner’s wheels for Valentine’s Day, with them making 50 percent of all minicab pre-bookings. Transport isn’t the only thing ladies are sorting for their partner – half of all romantic bouquets ordered from Bloom & Wild last year, including red roses, frosted eucalyptus and red lilies, were placed by ladies for their loved ones.
That said, males booked minicab journeys that took them much further afield, amounting to a £1K spend over the amount of fares paid by women last Valentine’s Day. In 2014, Kabbee recorded a significant increase in bookings made on Valentine’s Day compared to the rest of the year, meaning that couples want a private, comfortable journey to their destination.
And who said that Londoners are too busy for love? Despite many Londoners complaining of being time-poor, the majority still have time to please their nearest and dearest. Figures from Bloom & Wild reveal that 45 percent of orders were made five days or more in advance. Similarly, 65 percent of Kabbee’s users booked their journeys in advance.
Justin Peters, CEO and Founder of Kabbee comments on the trends: “Londoners are known for their busy lifestyles and always being on the move, but based on these findings, we’re more romantic that we let ourselves believe.
“Kabbee helps to keep London moving by providing a 24/7 service and we enable our users to book up to three months in advance or immediately via cash, card or account.”
Aron Gelbard, Co-founder & CEO of Bloom & Wild comments on the findings: “Valentine’s Day is one of our busiest days of the year, so pre-orders are always welcome, but last minute orders are expected. This year is really big for us as Valentine’s Day falls on a Saturday, meaning more people will be at home rather than work. Our fresh flower deliveries fit through the letterbox, making it a perfect treat to wake up to.”
For more information please contact the Kabbee press office at Sense Communications at Kabbee@sensecommunications.co.uk or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
- Kabbee is a licensed minicab price comparison and booking service available in London as an app on iPhone, Android, Blackberry 10 app, Windows Phone 8, and at Kabbee.com.
- Kabbee lets users instantly compare quotes from more than 70 leading London fleets – based on price, time, location and type of car – and then book and pay by cash, card or pre-paid account. This saves passengers time and money and increases fleet efficiency.
- Kabbee was launched in June 2011 and has had more than 500,000 app downloads to date.
- Kabbee launched its ‘Kabbee Treats’ loyalty programme in 2014, which rewards its users with goodies from Kabbee and popular London-based brands. The app’s top users will be entitled to a selection of rewards, based on how many miles they have earned via Kabbee over a three month period. Kabbee’s users earn one mile for every £1 they spend, and earn more miles for referring friends to Kabbee, and booking an executive car for their journey. Users can earn double miles by booking airport journeys from 20th February 2015.
- Kabbee incentivises its users to earn credit with its Free Cabs programme. By simply sharing their referral code the user gets £10 free credit for any friend who makes their first new account booking and their friend will automatically get £10 free credit too! Please refer to full T&Cs.
- Kabbee won the UK Mobile App & Design Awards for ‘Best Startup App’ in June 2014.
- Kabbee was recently named as a ‘Future 50 Brand’ by Real Business, for being one of Britain’s most exciting and disruptive new businesses.
- Kabbee’s CEO was awarded Bronze for Small Business Entrepreneur of the Year for the Great British Entrepreneur Awards.
- Kabbee won Bronze for ‘Best Travel & Tourism App’, as voted for by The Appys Awards 2014.
About Bloom & Wild:
- Bloom & Wild is an online florist with a fresh approach to sending flowers. Their aim is to make sending flowers as simple as sending a text, and receiving them as easy as receiving a letter.
- Bloom & Wild launched in September 2013 and now send thousands of flower bouquets a week.
- Co-founders Aron Gelbard and Ben Stanway developed their award-winning Letterbox packaging to enable a bouquet of fresh flowers to be delivered through any standard letterbox in the UK via Royal Mail First Class. This means there is no need for the recipient to wait in for the delivery, and as the flowers are shipped soon after they are cut they are longer lasting.
- Bloom & Wild’s signature attention to detail ensures a simply beautiful gift experience for the recipient. Flower heads are individually netted to protect each petal in transit, and every box is packaged by hand with care and perfected with thoughtful finishing touches.
- Bloom & Wild launched their own iPhone app in November 2014, so you can select and send fresh flowers in 30 seconds. The app can be downloaded for free from the App Store or at bloomandwild.com/app
- Bloom & Wild is already the UK’s top rated flower company with an average score of 4.82 out of 5 on independent reviews website reviews.co.uk.