Bet you haven’t tried a Methuselah of beer? Only six have been made for sale in the world, and one of them is right here in London – at Sourced Market St Pancras. It’s called: Savour, Everything in Moderation.
The luxury beer is six litres (the equivalent of eight wine bottles) and took eighteen months to develop, from having the unique cork made, to working out how to fill the bottle - a process normally only done by big Champagne houses.
The Savour Methuselah was designed with a mission to raise people’s perceptions of beer by taking sparkling beer to a new level. The beer was brewed using 100% floor malted British barley, hops and three yeast strains. As the yeast dynamics work their magic in this six litre bottle, the flavours will continue to develop and mature over time.
Savour is not just any beer, but a beer made using the traditional method to make sparkling wines - a Champagne-style beer. And at 10.5% ABV and £800 a pop, it should be consumed with the same respect as Champagne as well.
Rich and smooth with hints of caramel and honey on the palate, the beer is highly effervescent, with an intense finish and subtle spices on the nose.
Ben O’Brien, Founder of Sourced Market says: “We’re really lucky to be the host of this extraordinary brew. In terms of taste and how to consume, this beer will take British beer lovers’ experience to the next level. It’s a mighty beer, and one lucky Briton will soon have the honour of sipping on it with his friends.”
Founded in the summer of 2007, Sourced Market is a unique British street-food market, situated smack bang in the centre of one of London’s finest train stations, St Pancras.
With a strong following of quality artisan producers behind it, Sourced Market was introduced to provide a permanent market space to encourage local food production, better reflect the seasonal nature of food, reduce food miles and packaging and help increase the diversity of food on offer.
For Londoners to get their hands on this glorious Savour Methuselah of beer, they better hurry, because a beer that tastes this good, and is this rare, won’t stay on Sourced Market’s shelf for long.
For more information, please email Sophie at email@example.com or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
About Sourced Market
- Sourced Market brings the market to the masses - providing an opportunity for small artisan British producers, many new to the market.
- Situated in the heart of St Pancras Station, Sourced Market also provides pop-ups throughout the year, at festivals and other venues across Britain.
- Sourced Market was introduced to provide a permanent market space to encourage local food production, better reflect the seasonal nature of food, reduce food miles and packaging and help increase the diversity of food on offer.
- Sourced Market caters to a new wave of consumers – those that have a focus on ethics and are drawn to independent and locally produced products.
- Sourced Market was founded by two British food lovers who started their careers in the festival scene, delivering quality and trendy street food at events.
- Sourced Market’s first event was the Innocent Village Fete in Regent’s Park in August 2007, and since then they have provided food at the Lovebox Weekender, Field Day, Secret Garden Party, Polo In The Park, Big Chill, Secret Cinema, the Olympic Sailing or British Summertime Hyde Park, and many more.