(from left to right) Ben O’Brien - Founder of Sourced Market, Richie Finney - a dear friend of Captain Fawcett, Hassanain Moledina – winner of the Beer for Beards competition
Last week, Sourced Market teamed up with Captain Fawcett – Purveyor of simply First Class Gentlemen’s Grooming Requisites, to announce the winner of its Beer for Beards competition in its Old Street Pop-Up, following the £0.01p reduction of beer duty.
Sourced Market – London’s champion of high quality, locally sourced produce, hosted a warm, intimate gathering last night with the proud owners of some of London’s biggest and best beards, who celebrated their ‘chin efforts’ with a fine selection of craft beers to celebrate. The event called on the city’s beer drinkers to submit a selfie showing off their beard, for a chance to be crowned as one of the best beards in London.
Ben O’Brien, Founder of Sourced Market, and Richie Finney, a dear friend of the Captain himself, joined forces as the official judging panel and sifted through dozens of beard entries, before announcing the winner at 8pm on the evening.
The winning entry came from Hassanain Moledina, with arguably one of the most stylish beards in London. He was awarded with a two litre beer growler filled with a London craft beer of his choice, as well as a Captain Fawcett gift set containing a ‘Ricki Hall’ Booze & Baccy Beard Oil and Moustache Wax. All hail the hirsute!
The runners-up received an ‘all-you-need’ goody bag with beard and beer essentials.
The winner, Hassanain Moledina, commented on his victorious evening: “I was honoured to attend the Beer for Beards event - such a fun evening hosted by Sourced Market. To have won the competition... well I am lost for words. I'm glad everyone liked my beard just as much as I do!”
Richie Finney, a dear friend and confidante of the Captain and no stranger to the beard, said: “Captain Fawcett was simply delighted to have attended the Beer for Beards event held at Sourced Market’s pop-up in Old Street Tube Station. Staggered by the stiff competition, it was extremely difficult to pick out the best beard present. However, after much whisker tugging deliberation the well-deserved award went to Hassanain Ahmed. Well done sir, on behalf of the Captain!”
Ben O’Brien, Founder of Sourced Market commented on the event: "When Sourced Market opened our first site in St Pancras back in 2009, we became an early adopter of craft beer, working with the first craft brewers in town.”
“We’re passionate about small independent breweries and beards; as beards and beer seem to go hand in hand these days, we thought we would celebrate with our Beer for Beards event. Big congratulations to Hassanain and we appreciate everyone getting involved!”
For more information, please email Harry at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 551 3954.
Notes to Editor
About Sourced Market
- London based Sourced Market brings the market experience to the masses – with a permanent market offering the best from Britain’s artisan producers.
- Situated in the heart of St Pancras Station, Sourced Market also provides pop-ups throughout the year, at festivals and other venues across Britain.
- Sourced Market was created to provide a permanent market space to encourage local food production, better reflect the seasonal nature of food, reduce food miles and packaging and help increase the diversity of food on offer.
- Sourced Market caters to a new wave of consumers – those that have a focus on ethics and are drawn to independent suppliers and locally produced products.
- Sourced Market was founded by two British food lovers who started their careers in the festival scene, delivering well sourced and tasty street food at events.
- Sourced Market’s first event was the Innocent Village Fete in Regent’s Park in August 2007. Since then they have provided food at the Lovebox Weekender, Field Day, Secret Garden Party, Polo In The Park, Big Chill, Secret Cinema, the Olympic Sailing, British Summertime Hyde Park and many more.