A poll undertaken last week found that 44 percent of people who have trouble sleeping are finding the summer heat is keeping them tossing and turning at night. The local poll, conducted by Jerry Cheshire of Surrey Beds, found that other top reasons people are not getting enough shut eye include; life stress (35%), partner’s snoring (29%) and work related stress (27%).
Known locally as The Beducator, Jerry uses his knowledge of beds, mattresses and pillows to educate people on how to get the most comfortable night’s sleep. From the recent poll Jerry was able to establish that back pain and body aches, as well as poor pillows disturb one in five people’s sleep.
With so many other factors affecting the way people are sleeping Jerry will be pulling together a host of experts to help people wind down, relax and fall into a pleasant slumber.
On the 21st July 2014 The Beducator Presents: The Deep Sleep Event at Surrey Beds Purley store. Experts ranging from a chiropractor to a hypnotherapist there will be someone there to offer advice for anyone who is not receiving enough sleep for any reason, including high temperatures.
Jerry comments on the research: “Sleep is as important to our well-being as eating right and drinking enough water. The stats do not come as a surprise to me, as many of my customers often inform me of similar sleeping problems.
“The research concludes the top issues local residents suffer with and allows Surrey Beds to work with local professionals to help everyone get a better night’s sleep. I welcome everyone in the local area to drop in and see us on the 21st July at the Purley store between 6pm-9pm for an evening filled with relaxation tips and demonstrations.”
For more information, images or to arrange an interview, please contact Alana Caldwell at Sense Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 551 3954
Note to editors
The poll was taken by 55 Surrey residents
More details about the event can be found on EventBrite https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-beducator-presents-the-deep-sleep-event-tickets-12413941433?aff=es2&rank=1 and posted in local businesses
About Surrey Beds
- Visit the website here: http://www.surreybeds.co.uk/new/
- Opening hours are from 10am-5.30pm Monday - Saturday and 10am-4pm on Sunday
- Surrey Beds has two showrooms:
240 High Street
SM1 1PA (opposite ASDA)
Telephone: 020 8643 1414
1 Old Lodge Lane,
Telephone: 020 8763 1515
- Surrey Beds is an approved stockist for many of the industry's leading brands, all at extremely competitive prices. With over 40 beds, plus complimentary products on display from leading manufacturers, there is something to meet everyone’s needs
- Surrey Beds was founded in 2001, with two stores – one on Sutton’s busy high street (opposite Asda), and another at 1 Old Lodge Lane in Purley. With two showrooms spanning over 6,000 square foot, Surrey Beds’ only competitor for many years was Dreams, the bed superstore, based in Sutton’s St Nicholas Centre – which has now been closed since the bed chain went into administration on 6th March 2013