From L to R – Jeremy Vine presents award to Jerry Cheshire, hosted by Stuart Hibbert of the NBF
Local bed shop owner, Jerry Cheshire, woke up with a glitzy trophy as he was one of five bed industry champions to scoop up an award at the annual National Bed Federation (NBF) Bed Show last week. The awards were announced by British author, journalist and BBC presenter Jeremy Vine at the Telford International Centre.
Surrey Beds’ Jerry Cheshire won the ‘Independent Retailer of the Year’ award and was highly commended for all-round effort and quality. Over the past year Jerry, also known as The Beducator, has been focusing on the new branding of the store, implementing new marketing plans, offering free sleep consultations and developing his own YouTube channel, offering sleep advice.
Last year the Surrey Beds team had to work extra hard when three months of council road works took place right outside the front door of his flagship store. Despite the decrease in footfall over those three months Surrey Beds still managed to achieve a respectable year-on-year sales growth.
Jerry comments on the win: “I have attended the NBF Bed Show for many years, however, this is the first time I have ever entered the awards. I am over the moon to have been recognised by such influential industry experts and very proud to put Croydon on the map at the national show.”
Stuart Hibbert, President of the NBF commented: “Now in their fourth year, the bed industry awards once again showcase the outstanding level of innovation and enterprise that the industry is capable of. This year the competition was stronger than ever, and the quality of entries improves year-on-year, giving the judges an ever-harder task. We are thrilled to recognise such a fantastic set of companies. Well done to our winners!"
For more information, images or to arrange an interview, please contact Alana Caldwell at Sense Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0203 551 3954
About Surrey Beds
- Visit the website here: http://www.surreybeds.co.uk/new/
- Opening hours are from 10am-5.30pm Monday - Saturday and 10am-4pm on Sunday
- Surrey Beds has two showrooms:
240 High Street
SM1 1PA (opposite ASDA)
Telephone: 020 8643 1414
1 Old Lodge Lane,
Telephone: 020 8763 1515
- Surrey Beds is an approved stockist for many of the industry's leading brands, all at extremely competitive prices. With over 40 beds, plus complimentary products on display from leading manufacturers, there is something to meet everyone’s needs
- Surrey Beds was founded in 2001, with two stores – one on Sutton’s busy high street (opposite Asda), and another at 1 Old Lodge Lane in Purley. With two showrooms spanning over 6,000 square foot, Surrey Beds’ only competitor for many years was Dreams, the bed superstore, based in Sutton’s St Nicholas Centre – which has now been closed since the bed chain went into administration on 6th March 2013